How To Build Solar Panels For Power A BeginnerS Guide To Building Solar Panels For Power
Heres a simple beginners guide to building solar panels for home power
Okay first and foremost, you must have all the necessary materials at the ready!
1) Solar cells
2) UV protector/paint
3) Silicon sealant
6) Flux pen
7) Non-reflective glass
Plywood panel and some wood
Once you have the above materials at your disposal, then its time to proceed with the assembling details.
1) How many solar cell you havec 80 cells will typically generate around 100 watts of power.If you have 80 cells, then cut the plywood panel to accommodate that amount.
If you need additional power, you can always build more panels and connect them together with some basic wiring setup.
2) The plywood panel should be coated with some UV protector/paint. After this you can start building the circuitry of the panel by linking together all the cells.
3) Take a look at the back of each cell. Theres a tab right on the back. This is where you put a tiny bit of solder and use the flux pen to get the job done pronto!
If you want to know how to build solar panels for power, you have to refine your soldering technique. Really basic stuff and its not that hard at all!
4) Now you should put the wire over the tab that youve soldered. Press it down a bit to make it stick. Now link cells together negative meets negative and positive meets positive. Simple stuff!
5) Take out the silicon and attach all your cells to the plywood panel. Make sure you hold them all in place. You can leave the wires exposed.
6) Create 2 holes to put the wires through the back of the plywood. Each wire goes through one hole.
7) At this point, you can start fixing the glass and framing wood to the panel.
You know, back when I first leaned how to build solar panels for power, this is the step that I messed up badly!
I used regular glass sheet instead of non-reflective ones!
Once youve assembled the panel, then you can link the wire to either your deep cycle battery or charge controller.
Okay now you quit figuring out how to build solar panels for power because youre all set to generate clean electricity for your home!